Monday, May 3, 2021

TAKE THE PUPS OUT, BRING THE PUPS IN

 If you want to get some good exercise all you need are two pups to house train. And they don't have to be real close in age. I kept the little tri female, who I had hand raised from Bonnie's litter. She is a smart one and was doing so well with house training, really catching on. Then I was left an 8 week old pup when my friend Kathleen passed. This little girl needs constant watching and taking out to potty. Thankfully I have two dog yards, one is fairly small and right off the kitchen, the other is much larger and out the back door. We have a walkout basement so have to go down a flight of stairs to get out.I tried taking both pups to the small area as I did not have to do the stairs. Well that did not work, all they wanted to do is play, no way would they concentrate on what they were supposed to do .And Skye who was almost five months and just about totally trained made it impossible for Callie to concentrate and learn the words "go potty". They had to be separated so I had to do the stairs. Callie finally learned the words without Skye to bug her. Now that Callie knows what is expected maybe I can put them together again, Skye says" no way, she is my toy and I am going to play with her." So the stairs are part of the routine. I have lost three pounds which is great and the exercise is actually good for me. So thanks to Skye I am getting into shape. House training two pups is not fun, but we are getting there.Once Callie grows a little more she will be able to hold her own when out with Skye. It seems like pups take a long time to grow and develop, but not really. Looking back the time actually goes quickly and before you know it you have a gangling teenager with no hair. But it sure feels good to have pups that get all excited when you ask them to go out and potty.

Do as much training as you can at this young age. Their little brains are like sponges and absorb everything so quickly. What you train now they will remember the rest of their lives.It is so rewarding seeing them learn so fast and remember everything. Puppies are so much fun.


 CALLIE AND SKYE

No comments: