Tuesday, May 11, 2021

BACK TO NORMAL, MAYBE????

 Things are beginning to settle down a bit. I am adjusting to the loss of my good friend and my wonderful sheltie Keeper. 

The pups are really getting the idea of house training.This sure makes things a little easier. Callie is growing and I can now take her out to the small pen with Skye to go potty. They are not 100% but really close. 

Topaz's pups are growing like weeds, now if she just would sleep through the night. I guess she just needs to know that I am there. I come down to her at least three times during the night and each time I go back up she is good for a couple hours or so without having to see me. Sometimes she needs to go potty but mostly wants to see me. When she is not with her babies she is with me. She is one of the most bonded dogs here. 

So I spend a couple of hours in the morning with the dogs. I have my coffee and they get a few cookies. They are really good and just find a favorite place to lie down. The minute I stand up it is chaos, they all jump up, thinking we are going somewhere. Just time for breakfast and I better get it in a hurry. They all know the word wait but they are not very patient.  They are ready to eat and right now. After breakfast the young dogs go out to the large fenced yard and spend the rest of the morning outside. It is good to get the fresh air and sunshine. The girls particularly need the sunshine to help keep their reproductive system working properly. Mother nature really knows what is needed.

Even though it gets chaotic at times the dogs really keep me sane and active. They do keep me young, I can't imagine being retired and not having these kids to keep me going. Especially when times are hard. 

Quinn was given to me by my friend Kathleen and everytime I look at Quinn I think of Kathleen. Quinn is a pretty blue merle girl and very attached already. I will do a story of Quinn another time. 

Well, it really is time for their breakfast, and their clocks are starting to remind them. 7:30 in the morning they need to eat.


 BEAUTIFUL BABIES, GOOD MOTHER!!

No comments: