Friday, April 30, 2021

SO MUCH LOSS

 It has been a hard month, the loss of Keeper and then the loss of my best friend Kathleen. She lost her three year battle to cancer. She is so missed!  Her daughters have split up the Shelties and Alicia has taken the largest group to her home in W Virginia. . There she is continuing with her mothers passion, the breeding and raising of quality Shelties. The younger daughter also has 6 Shelties and will continue on in Fryeburg, Maine. The girls will work hard to keep their mothers passion going. 

Kathleen left me an eight week old pup. I certainly could not refuse such a gift. She has become best friends with Skye! The two of them keep each other going most of the day. House breaking two young pups sure is a challenge. Although Skye is almost trained and about ninety percent reliable. 

Topaz is keeping me in suspense as she did with her previous litter. I keep saying any day now. She is ruling my life. I can't leave her alone for any length of time. She is getting me up at least once during the night, hopefully we will have strong healthy pups and everyone will sleep during the night. I am so ready, these four thirty am mornings are getting very hard to handle. 

Once Topaz's pups have left, and I do plan to keep one this time, I plan to take a year off and see how I feel about breeding. I am ready for a very long break. 

Our Sheltie club has been in existence sine 1982. A long time and most of us who are still members are getting older. We need some new faces and new ideas to keep the club going on into the future. We would love some new people who are interested in learning more about the breed. We have programs for everyone's interest. We have educational events, fun events, some of the members show in conformation and obedience. Many are involved in agility and just having fun with their Shelties.  First and foremost they are our pets and friends. 

Everyone is welcome to attend the meetings and most meetings our Sheltie friends can also attend.

I hope to be more active with the blog. I am happy to answer any Sheltie related questions. If you need help with something, don't hesitate to ask.

 

 





No comments: