Monday, May 27, 2019

COCO OR IS IT KOKO

Yesterday Minnie went to her new home. It is a great home and I know she will have a good life. I sure do miss her. She is one smart little girl. She and Coco had really bonded with each other and did everything together. Coco seems to be a little lost, she will be going to her new home this coming Saturday. I have been giving her a lot of free time in the kitchen with the dogs and took her out to the agility area to play. She is having a good time and I am doing a little training with her. I don't keep her out in the grass too long as the ticks this year are pretty active. She loves playing with Bonnie who is 11 months and and who is very good with her. Bonnie is still very puppy and enjoys Coco.
I had Coco out with me yesterday while I was loading the dishwasher and she decided that she wanted to help. She jumped up on the door of the dishwasher and was very interested in everything going into it. Too cute to not get a photos.
Sheltie pups are so agile and jumping up on the dishwasher door is very easy for them.
I let her help for a few minutes and then took her off. She sure knows how to entertain herself.
A quiet memorial day here, many memories of my husband Len, who passed due to brain cancer almost two years ago. I don't know where the time has gone, it still seems like yesterday. Len was a veteran and served in the US Marine Corp. He loved the dogs and often showed them. He was very competitive and loved the showing. Make the most of each day, as you never know what tomorrow will bring. My Shelties were my life savers, they gave me purpose each day and fill many hours for me. I can still show my Shelties but it is not as much fun doing it alone. Not sure that I will continue with the conformation showing. I have Walter who has turned out to be a lovely boy and deserves to be shown. Walter is special as he has Lens middle name and was born just a few days after Len passed.  Maybe as time goes on my thoughts will change. For now I am very thankful for my dogs. I try to live like they do, one day at a time!


No comments: