Saturday, January 29, 2022

TRAINING THE PUPS!!!

 The two pups that I am growing out are doing very well. They have learned lets go out and they follow me right to the side door and out into the little pen. They are pretty smart little ones. Although Angus is growing like a weed. I hope that he does not get too big to be my next stud dog. It is iffy right now but I should know more by six months. If he is oversize then he will most likely be over as an adult. I will have to find him a nice home if that happens. If his growth slows down between 4 and 6 months then he may stay in size. His sister Maisie is well in size and being a girl she will be fine. They learned sit very quickly and pop right down when I ask them. Next is the leash training. With this weather we will have to do the training in the living room. Actually it is the room where the pups are born and there is plenty of room for training. They are all excited when they come in from going potty they are very excited and do zoomies around the room So fun to watch them.House training in this weather is not fun at all and sometimes when it is below zero in the morning no one wants to go out. These two are so brave and go right out and take care of things. I am so pleased with these two pups, they are so pretty and so smart. Their pedigree is one I have wanted to incorporate in my line for a long time. I wish this winter could have been a little milder so they could have some outside time, but just too cold. In fact all the dogs need more exercise. They do play some in the fenced yard off the house but the snow makes it difficult, although they love the snow.

I am ready for spring, as I sit here and watch the snow blowing around. Fingers crossed that I don't lose power. I do have a generator but it is not easy to start. Although I do always get it going. Don't leave your dogs out too long, it is way too cold.

Everyone be safe and warm.



Angus and Maisie

No comments: