Wednesday, March 2, 2022

WE ALL HAVE CABIN FEVER

 It has been a whole month since I have written, I was getting discouraged with the house training of two pups, when the weather got so bitter cold. It was really hard to stand out there to encourage them to go. It is a little easier now that we don't feel like we are living in the north pole. Just seemed like I was cold all the time. Spring needs to come soon. Cleaning the dog yard was quite a chore when it was so cold. Surprisingly the pups are house training, they have learned the words go out to potty. I can't believe that they are five months old. They have learned to sit on command, it is really cute, you tell them to sit and they both sit at the same time. They know come pretty well and now we really need to start walking on lead. It is a lot of work to train two litter mates. It is much easier to work with one puppy. I am looking forward to another litter, hopefully in the spring and that will be a year since my last litter. I had promised myself a break from puppies for a year. Taking on two pups changed things a little, not the same as having a litter but the work was close. I have enjoyed these two pups,  watching them grow and develop. Skye has been a help with keeping them busy, she loves to play with the pups. I am really looking forward to getting all the agility equipment set up and getting the dogs out to run and play. They won't forget what they learned last year. Dogs are so smart and really do remember what you teach them. 

It was a little milder today and I did the snow blowing for the snow that we got last night. I felt so good to get out in the fresh air and do a little work.This is what the dogs need too. The snow from the plow is piled up so high that we can't get to the agility yard. I know the dogs would love to run in the snow. Just need to get through March and then we should be all set. I have had the time to groom everyone and get their nails cut and feet trimmed. Hopefully when it is milder I can think about baths for everyone.

When Quinn has  her pups I am hoping that there will be a tri color male. With Walter being sterile I do need a new stud dog.

Well I guess that is all for now. I do need to make an effort to keep the blog up. 

Take care everyone and be well!!


Angus and Maisie

 

No comments: