Wednesday, January 12, 2022

ROSIE IS DOING BETTER!!

 Rosie was very much her old self this morning. After two days of medication she feels better. She does not seem to be wobbly at all. I am so thankful that the medication worked for her. It was eight below this morning at 5am. Skye is the only dog who does not mind the bitter cold. She loves to play catch me if you can. Her feet don't seem to get cold the way the others do. Even the 12 week old pups, run out and do what they have to and are back at the door very quickly. Not even picking up icicles enticed them. They are so smart. I can see that we really need to work on come. Usually I can say front which Skye does very well and she will come and sit front. But not this morning. She was running and teasing me and get just close enough that I could not grab her. Finally a handful of kibble lured her in. We are starting her training course with Susan Garrett and COME will be the very first thing that we will work on. Skye enjoys working so I think the course will be very successful. She is a very different little dog with her nurturing of Rosie after she had a seizure. She just wanted to take care of Rosie. I am thinking that she may be a good mother some day. The others would just stare at Rosie and knew that something was wrong and could not figure out what was happening.  Since we were up before 5 this morning, breakfast is finished and everyone has been out and now back in and sleeping in their favorite spots. I am going to organize and clean the office today, especially as it is the favorite sleeping place for most of the dogs.  A very quiet, unexciting day will be welcome here. If it could warm up just a little, I would be very happy. We have had enough excitement to last for us for quite awhile.      

                                           

                                                  SKYE

No comments: