Sunday, June 27, 2021

PUPS SO READY

 Another two weeks and I have not written a word. My sister from California, and my brother in law have been visiting.  Such a nice time but the dogs are all off their routine. We are now getting back into the regular days that the dogs enjoy. They sure know the difference. Pups will be leaving this coming week after their shots and health check.  Hopefully another two weeks and we will have the DNA  results from the AKC. It has been a long process and I am anxious to know who the sire of the pups is. I am hoping for Keeper as we lost him in March, a reaction to anesthesia for a dental. I have been on the fence about keeping a pup, I really should not but I need to know if there is a Keeper pup and that may change my mind. I would love to keep his line going. He has sired so many beautiful girls. 

A friend who needs help with his dogs for some time asked me if I would take one for awhile. I agreed to help him out. I don't need another dog but when there is a dire need you have to step in and help. Her name is Alice and she is two years old and still very puppy. She and Skye play a lot, especially run and chase games. Now with Alice it is very hard to decide on a puppy. If it all becomes overwhelming I may not keep the pup. Alice is a very friendly and outgoing dog but never had any training so there is much to catch up with. And she really wants to please. So do I have the energy to take on a puppy along with Alice and Skye.I will just have to give it a try. 

I am taking a break from breeding for about a year, or possibly next winter. Just depends on how I feel. Most importantly is to catch up on my rest. Bonnie's litter was very tiring as I had to hand raise two of the pups. That was round the clock feeding and very interrupted sleep. Now that Topaz pups are weaned and she is sleeping in her crate my sleep has been much better. No interruptions during the night. 

Once again I have wonderful families for my pups and I sure appreciate their patience with waiting to see who the sire is.

All for now, coffee is done and the breakfast clock is going off!


No comments: