Saturday, June 5, 2021

PUPS GROW SO FAST.

 All of a sudden the pups eyes and ears are open, they have teeth and have learned to bark and growl. Seems like it was yesterday that they were just these little forms of life that looked like Guinea pigs. They are almost 5 weeks. Time to get some really good face photos, expression is showing and attitude is beginning to surface. The fun starts and the work. We are going into the messy stage, eating four times a day and cleaning the pen at least six or more times. Even with all this I love to watch the personalities develop. The little tails now wag a  mile a minute when I talk to them. They are searching out their toys now and when the first one squeaked that brought on a few little growls.

This litter was not far enough from my last litter to get a nice long break. That is coming up now. No pups until next year. I finally can get caught up on my sleep. I am still up between four thirty and five AM but at least no more interruptions during the night.  Pups will now be going into the kitchen to run and play. They will get out about four times a day and will experience many new things. 

I am anxiously awaiting the DNA results to see who their sire is. It has been a long process. I am hoping that the boy is Keepers as we lost Keeper way too soon. It would be nice to carry on with a son of his. The one boy is a lovely pup but is also the second largest and that could be a problem. Sometimes I wish that Shelties did not have a size disqualification but they do and we have to breed for that. 

I have a lovely 15 week old pup that is too big for her age already. She is going home with my sister and will become a performance dog. I am excited about her career. We are hoping for a natural herding instinct. My sister may even get some sheep so she can train to herd. I can't wait to see how she does.

I will finally have the time to work with Skye before she grows up on me.

I am being summoned for breakfast, they are not patient at all so have to go and get them fed.

Pictures of pups coming soon.


TOPAZ

No comments: