Saturday, February 15, 2020

TOPAZ

Now time to watch and wait for Topaz. The good thing though is that she is very pregnant. I am thankful for that. She has been getting me up between three and three thirty am every day. She needs to go out as she just can't hold things for very long. It is actually good that she lets me know. She is one of my most house trained girls, she does not want to have an accident and will go stand at the door to let me know that she needs out.
The baby monitor is now set up near her whelping box. The watching and waiting is hard as I am ready for her to get started and have an easy whelping. Her temperature continues to drop which is a good sign. I am waiting for the time that she refuses food as that is a sign that whelping will be soon. She is as comfortable as she can be, eating and drinking so all is going well. Walter is the sire and he has sired four litters which have been very pretty but this is the first litter by Walter that we will have here. I think that they will be very pretty. They compliment each other and the pedigrees do also. 
I am sure that people on my list are tired of the wait also. It will be nice for them to know if there will be a puppy for them. I choose homes that will be the best match for the puppies. I want my pups and puppy people to have a good experience and be successful!  My pups are vet checked, receive a health certificate and first shots and are guaranteed.
It is so hard to make the best decisions but I have to do what is best for the pup as it is a lifetime commitment.
I am getting pretty good at learning patience. Glory tried my patience for sure. But not her fault, things just went wrong, I know she was pregnant at the beginning and maybe she did not have enough progesterone to hold the pregnancy. When the girls get to 6 years of age or so hormones change and it is harder for them to get pregnant and to stay pregnant. I don't know if we will try again with Glory or retire her from breeding. I am sure she would love that. She loves being a full time house dog and is very happy. She house trained very quickly and is very good with no accidents at all. She is such a sweet girl and so easy to love.
I will post as soon as the pups arrive. It will be such a relief when they are here and I know they are all doing well.
So on to more waiting!! 

WALTER AND TOPAZ

No comments: