Thursday, February 6, 2020

GLORY, GLORY??

I am still waiting on Glory. If she is having a false pregnancy it sure is fooling me. Early this  morning she was doing a little nesting. But it is possible she would nest even if a false pregnancy.  I truly hope it is not but I am so baffled. Her temperature is going down, as it should, but she still has a huge appetite, usually the day they whelp they do not want to eat but so far she has been chowing down. When Rosie had her false pregnancy, two times, she had all the signs but never stopped eating. All I can do is continue to wait and be patient, she is not in any discomfort or distress so it is safe to wait. I could take her for an x-ray but that is expensive and I will know soon enough if there are pups or not. I did think that I felt a pup last night. Glory is testing me for sure. She is sleeping in the whelping pen in the kitchen and everything is all set up. I have the baby monitor running at night and I can hear her every movement. This morning I did hear her digging at her blankets which she has not done so far, so maybe we are still heading in the right direction. Topaz is due the 13th so there will be puppies soon. She is definitely bred. Glory is a big girl so it is easy for her hide her pregnancy. Her waist line did expand but it is amazing how even in a false pregnancy this can happen. I will continue to get Topaz all set up and soon Bonnie who is definitely expecting too.
Being patient is very hard for me but I have no choice and I am learning.
Living with Shelties there is something new everyday. Definitely a learning experience.



1 comment:

Caroline Morrill said...

Jodi, we are impatiently waiting right along side you. We take a look at your blog everyday for an update. Thank you for all your love and hard work. Waiting is very hard work. I pray for a safe delivery for all the girls and for healthy puppies. I plan on going shopping this weekend for some new items for our new boy or girl. I have a beautiful blanket picked out. So chop chop Glory! We love you!