Monday, August 12, 2019

WRITERS BLOCK OR WHAT

It seems that I am having a little trouble deciding on what to write. Sometimes the words just flow. I have been worried about my knee but finally had the Orthopedic appointment today. I could have a torn meniscus or just muscle sprain. We decided to just go with the shot for now and if it is muscle or a little arthritis it should be a huge help. I would have to have an MRI to see if the meniscus is torn. I have a bunch of exercises to do at home. This is such a relief. If I had to have surgery it would take a lot of planning because I would be on crutches for a week and that will not work with the dogs. I could just see them trying to attack the crutches. I can't even poop scoop without some of them attacking the scooper. It is the movement of the tool and their herding instinct. 
Sammy is very happy with Kathleen and there is no more competition between the boys. Which makes for a little more peace in the house. Topaz is doing well with her class. She seems to enjoy the training. She loves learning. She is an easy girl to work with. For quite awhile she has not wanted to go into her crate at night. Now she listens and goes right in for me, of course there is a cookie involved, but there was a cookie before.She loves the attention. 
The weather this weekend was perfect and I spent a lot of time playing with the dogs. Some of them will chase a ball as long as you want to throw it. Walter is one of those, it is such good exercise for him. Topaz will go for the ball but once she has it she wants to peel the cover off of it. She has had destroyed so many tennis balls. I guess for her birthday in November I will buy her a bag of tennis balls and try to keep them intact.
Bonnie goes to the Chiropractor on Thursday and I am hopeful for good results. Her head tilt definitely has improved some. It will be interesting to see what an adjustment might do for her.
I would love to be able to see her train for herding, her instinct is so strong. If the winters were not so harsh here I would get some sheep but I really don't want to go out in sub zero temperatures, to feed and water sheep. I did that years ago and I loved having them. Just don't want the work now. It is so neat to train a dog that truly has the instinct to herd. Maybe I will find her a class. All for now!
BONNIE

No comments: