Thursday, August 29, 2019

GOOD NEWS

Bonnie has been to the Chiropractor twice and has also had acupuncture and she is much better. She can now look straight on and to the right easily. We have one more session in another week and then she will be done. I have a neck exercise that I do with her every day and it too has helped her to improve. You would never know that she had a head tilt. It is totally gone.
The vet believes there was a trauma and it affected her right shoulder and neck so tilting her head to the left was alleviating the pain on the right. I am thrilled, she can continue with her training and some day have a litter. It pays to seek alternative treatments when an answer cannot be found.
Little Finn is growing like a weed. He is the newest member of the family. He has a fabulous pedigree. If he should go oversize I won't be able to use him for breeding. Right now he is tracking oversize on the charts, I am worried that he may have to have a pet home. But if that happens I will find him a wonderful home where he can do some training. He is fifteen weeks and already knows sit, lie down, here, lets go and of course go potty. He is doing very well with potty training. He is getting used to wearing a collar and formal leash training is next. I have hopes to take him as far as he can go in obedience, time will tell. He is a lovely tri color with the most intelligent eyes.I know that I probably should not have taken on a new pup but he is a gorgeous pup and his grandfather is a very well known show dog, here and internationally.
Sometimes you just can't resist. Raising a pup is a lot of work, especially house training and I know that if Finn makes size or not I will not be growing out another pup. I am ready for all my dogs to be mature adults that are good company and easy to live with. 
My Keeper who will be 10 on his next birthday has decided that he really is my keeper. If one of the dogs, especially young ones, jump on me or get too energetic around me Keeper will curl a lip and tell them to stop. They definitely respect  him. He has been with me about a year and this is a new job for him. I think he has really bonded with me and of course I have with him also. He absolutely loves being a house dog, hates going outside but does when asked to go.
He had been a kennel dog and was getting too old to continue with that life style so he came to live with me and be a full time house dog and he just loves it. He is so sweet and you will find him where ever I am. The senior Shelties are so sweet and such great company.
I need to vacuum the dog room today so best get moving. 
All for now!



FINN


No comments: