Sunday, January 14, 2024

A LITTLE LESS THAN A MONTH, NOT TOO BAD.

This has been a busy month, with the Holidays and new pups being born.  Now the pups are four and a half weeks old and are slowly being weaned. They are eating soft puppy food with a little baby cereal. Actually they have huge appetites and doing very well. Even little Pippi who I tube fed for the frist few days and then a bottle for a week. Now she is strong enough to get in there with her brothers and sister. And she really pushes her way through the whole bunch and gets a good place to nurse. She is so tough and now very strong. This little girl is not available as she still needs more time for catch up. She will be living with Beverly, the co-owner. We may have one or two pups available. I won't know for sure until people start making their choices. People are coming to see the pups and get an idea of what they like. They are now old enough for visitors. I hope to get current pictures this weekend. I am up one or two times a night to check on the pups and to let Maggie out to go potty. Trudy has been waking me up at 4:30 in the mornings to go out.I thought she might have a UTI and took a urine sample to the vet and that is the problem, So in about two weeks she should be clear and maybe sleeping longer. I sure hope so, as 4 to 4:30 in the morning is getting hard to live with. The miracle of life is so amazing. So is watching the pups grow and develop and personalities coming out soon. I am trying my best to not consider keeping a pup. I really have my hands full with a 5 month old and 6 month old pup. Lots of work there. This weather sure has not made it easy with the adult dogs, no one likes going out in downpours. Nor do I. Lots to do.Pups need cleaning after eating as they will walk through the food, stand in the middle of the bowl and sometimes lie in the bowl. So a little grooming after each meal but they get used to being handled and that is so good for them.

The time goes fast and before you know it they will be in homes with their loving families and bringing joy to the home. They will be your best friend for life. Such a fun time raising a puppy. 

Everyone take care with the Arctic blast that is coming our way. Don't leave the dogs out in the bitter cold. They need to be in with you. 






                          Maggies puppies, these are the boys!!

No comments: