Wednesday, August 23, 2023

CAN't SEEM TO KEEP UP, MUST BE THE PUPPIES.

 I can't believe that I missed the whole month of July and half of August.I guess that I have to blame having puppies. Quinn had three beautiful babies..Also keeping the pups parasite free was a big job. Looking back it is hard to remember what took my time. Seeing my granddaughter was a big part of my time.  I also had a get together with some Sheltie friends in July. We had a picnic lunch and let the dogs play. Of course that took time and planning and everyone wanted to see the pups. And Walter came back for a visit. Just for the day but he and Kaelyn had a nice visit and enjoyed seeing each other. One of the pups did not go home when his litter mates left. So I spent alot of time working with some basic training and he did so well. I called him Buddy after my old boy Buddy who I hand fed for 13 years due to a cleft pallet. Unfortunately I got very attached to the puppy but he really needed his own people and home. I finally found the perfect home for him.  He is there now and I really miss him. But he is doing so well and very loved so I know I made the right choice for him. I hear often how he is doing and I know that he is in a wonderful home. But it was one of the hardest things I have had to do in a while. We both were so bonded. Then Dodger had his rear dewclaw surgery and it was a pretty major surgery. He has to wear an E Cone and he really hates it but he is being so good for me.But I can't trust him to leave his leg alone so he needs to wear the cone until his stitching comes out. He has been on Antibiotics for 7 days which messed up his digestive system. He has had an occasional accident and he usually does not.He is 6 months and a very active puppy. Keeping him in the cone and away from his foot has been a challenge. I can't wait for the next 7 days to go by and then he will be free of the cone and he will be able to get some exercise. He needs a good run in the worst way.This is keeping so wound up. Almost like a rubber band ready to snap. With patience we will get through the next 7 days.

We hope to have a litter late fall or early  winter but the girls are very slow with coming into heat. So I really don't know for sure when we will have pups. It is hard as there are so many inquiries and I can't give more details until mother nature brings the girls into heat.

We do have a new puppy coming this Saturday. A pretty little girl who is a Sammy granddaughter.  Sammy used to be ours and I do miss him. So something to look forward to.

Well I guess that is all the news good and bad. Once again I will try to keep up with the blog. I do get busy and the dogs do need a lot of attention and time


                                                                  DODGER

No comments: