Saturday, January 9, 2021

PUPPIES DOING NICELY

 Finally the two little ones that I have been had feeding are eating on their own and keeping up with the others. It has been a long road, the litter was just too big and Bonnie just too overwhelmed. Plus she did not enjoy being a mother. Pups are being chosen and will be going home to their new owners in another 10 days. I know I will miss them especially when they all sit around me in the morning and I am asking them if they are hungry. I think this is their favorite meal of the day, after the night they are really ready to eat. 

I had a pup present a head tilt at three weeks, it has cleard up some but not totally. I will have him checked out well when the pups go for their shots. He is the sweetest and most tuned into me as any of the pups. When I come in the room he immediately knows that I am there. He does everything that the other pups do, he plays, runs and chases the others, picks up toys., just a love. He is slowly out growing the tilt but I don't know if he will totally. I hope in time as he improves I will find someone who will fall in love with him and give him a home for his lifetime.It is entirely possible that as he matures he will outgrow the tilt and be normal. I don't think I have ever had such a sweet puppy. I call him Oliver, and he is learning his name. He will keep Skye company for awhile, she is the little girl that I had to tube feed to keep going. She is doing well, eating on her own and growing. She will be staying here permanently. Too many nights that she started to fade and I had to work hard to bring her back. 

This has been quite the litter, I am ready to take a break from breeding. I hope to breed Topaz in the spring but believe that will be my last litter. I am ready to enjoy my dogs and just spend time with them.

I have been breeding for many years, almost 40 and I always bred to improve the breed and would keep the best pup to go on with. One of my main goals was to produce happy and healthy pups. 

Now that I am getting close to the time for the pups to go to their new homes, I plan to start training Bonnie again. She remembers so much and she loves to work.

Hope that everyone is staying safe and is well.



Skye playing tug with another pup!

No comments: