Tuesday, January 28, 2020

WHERE DOES THE TIME GO??

I can't believe that it has been 15 days since I wrote here. I know where it went, I have had a visiting girl here for two weeks, and the boys were off the wall and it was a job keeping them sane. She was here for breeding and now has gone home. Things are a little more peaceful now that she is gone. During this time Finn has been in his new home and adjusting well.
Now I am getting everything ready for puppies. The girls are all expecting. Glory possibly this weekend, Topaz a week after Glory and Bonnie the week after Topaz. So I need to get my whelping pens together, and all the things I will need, heating pads, small towels to help dry the pups, thread for tying off umbilical cords. Plenty of clean bedding for the pens once they are all cleaned after whelping. Once we get to this stage I am really ready for the pups to come. It is nerve wracking and I feel so much better when each pup is delivered and doing well. I pray for strong healthy pups. The girls are all doing well and everything is going well. Just the waiting and I am not a very patient person.
During this wait time I will be cleaning ears, gluing ears on the young dogs and trimming every ones nails. Especially the seniors, their nails seem to grow so fast. 
The dogs have been getting me up at 5:30 lately and that sure is early, by noon time I feel like I have already put in an 8 hour day. I truly  hope that the pups arrive during the day. So much easier than staying up all night. But so often they like to have pups in the quiet of the night. Mother Nature is now in charge. We just wait and see what she has in store for us. 
This is Sammy, the sire of Glorys pups and Bonnies pups


No comments: