Saturday, July 27, 2019

THINKING ABOUT BONNIE

Bonnie is doing well and her head tilt has improved quite a lot. We are still going to the Chiropractor because I now believe she had an injury when younger. She and Topaz play hard and I remember the time I heard Bonnie cry and Topaz had pushed her against a kitchen cabinet. My vet has said that if it was something serious she would not be getting better and she is. The head tilt is almost not noticeable. Most would not pick up on it. I may try to find her a nice home where she will get more one on one. She is a smart girl, I started her training at 8 weeks and she remembers it well. She knows sit and down and walks well on a leash. She is house trained and crate trained. Of course if she went to a new home she would need house training to develop a new routine. I would like her to be with someone who was home most of the time.
I don't think she would be happy hanging out in the house or crate all day while someone worked full time. She is super smart and trained so fast. She is still puppy at 13 months. I believe she has so much potential. I am not sure that I want to breed her and I want the best for her. Time will tell and if the perfect place comes along for her then I would consider doing what is best for her. I love all my dogs and it is hard to think of letting them go but sometimes they need more than I can give, especially with so many Shelties. I have placed a few Shelties over the years and it was not easy but I knew what I was doing was best for the dog. If they can get better than what I do for them then it is right.
Sometimes it is more loving to give them something better than what I give them. I know them well and I know their needs. We will see what time brings.
Topaz is enrolled in basic obedience and she is super smart too and I am looking forward to training her. I would love to get back into Therapy work. Hopefully I can work towards that.
I have had four Shelties that were awesome Therapy dogs. It is very rewarding for the people we visit and also for me. I love to share my dogs.
I take life one day at a time and believe that what is meant to be will happen.
The hair is flowing around here, so today I will completely groom two more, maybe three if I get the ambition. Everyone is shedding, even Bonnie but she does not have undercoat, but is shedding some of her coat. She never had undercoat but maybe it will come with age.
All for now! Rosie is telling me that it is time for breakfast so I better get moving.

BONNIE AND TOPAZ

No comments: