Wednesday, August 28, 2024

NOT MUCH TO REPORT WITH ALL THE HEAT, HUMIDITY AND RAIN.

It has been a pretty miserable summer for the dogs. They just do not do well with heat and humidiy. We have not been able to play agility with the humidity. The dogs really pant in the humidity and don't feel like running in the agility area. I started to get the equipment out one day and maybe got a third of it and it was just plain too hot to do anymore. I hope to have it all out by mid September and maybe we will be able to have a Sheltie play day in September. 

I have been having cataract surgery and will be all done by mid September. My Sheltie friends have been helping out with taking my puppies and one adult dog. The help is wonderful and I so appreciate it.The first procedure is done and it has been so nice to be able to see better. Next week the second procedure. It should go as well as the first. Then all done and no more worry about bending and lifting. 

I can't wait to start training again with Flash. He loved training so much and he is so smart. He just picked up so fast and remembered so well. We really had fun in his class. 

I don't travel much in the winter so I need to get to a class soon.

We did go to a dog show in June. It was fun and alot of work. Bathing and grooming Flash and packing up all the equipment to take to the show. Flash behaved really well and handled the environment really well. This was the first show he had ever been to. He was the only one in his class so he did get a ribbon but did not go further. I was really pleased with his behavior, he acted like he had been  showing for a long time. Actually the obedience training is much more fun. He really loves the obedience and I think that we will stick with that. We need to have fun together.

 

                                                  


  •                                         FLASH

No comments: