Monday, June 26, 2023

THUNDERSTORMS

We had quite the storm last night. Thunder and lightning and torrential down pours. It was like the storm you would see in haunted house stories. About 1:30 in the morning every one was barking and carrying on. Quinn mother of the pups was so scared. The pups were fine and even though they can hear now the noise did not seem to bother them.Quinn was jumping at the gate and just wanted a place where she could hide. Chanel, my visitor was barking and jumping at the gate in the kitchen. I was surprised that she was so upset. She is a calm and easygoing dog. But this storm was pretty scary. The rain was hitting the house so hard you wondered if it would stand up to all that rain. This house was built in 1753 and I am sure that it has withstood many storms. I came down and spent time with the dogs. Finally it was not so bad sounding out there that I gave everyone a treat and went back to bed. Sleep was not to be. With every boom of thunder everyone barked and carried on. I could not take them out to potty as the rain was coming down way too hard. Even my cats jumped on the bed and got a close to me as they could. They were bothered but not the way the dogs were. Even Panda my old tomcat was a little rattled and just nothing ever bothers him. This storm did upset him. He got as close to my back as he possibly could.Things finally settled down about 2 am. Things must have calmed down a little as it was quiet enough to sleep. More barking a little after 4 so I got up and took every one out. The thunder and lightning was done but it was still pouring. They did go potty and came right back in. Now while I am writing everyone is in their favorite spot and sleeping.I will hold off on breakfast for a little while and let them all sleep,I am not quite ready to get this day going. All I have to do is stand up and they are immediately ready to go. They get so excited to do anything when I stand up, even breakfast. Once we get breakfast done and everyone out again for a bit and then back in we can actually start the day. I will miss my walk with Zoe as we both are trying to lose weight. I pick up her leash and she gets so excited. She loves the walks. I used to be able to walk three or four dogs at a time but I am not up for that now.It is a lot to keep everyone going straight and not changing sides or wrapping around the back of me. So one dog at a time is the safest way to walk. I could probably manage two and be safe. So I go out into the large fenced yard and play ball and other games with them. They will be in and out a lot today due to the weather. They are happy and don't complain as long as we can be together. They keep me moving. They are my family and are so loved. I would be lost without them.

 

                                     Quinn and her babies!!
 

No comments: