Sunday, June 21, 2020

LOVELY PUPS GROWING UP!

My pups are all getting close to 4 months now and from the photos that I receive I am so pleased with all of them. They are all very lovely and will be gorgeous adults. I suppose that I am prejudiced to a certain extent. But when I breed I look at pedigrees and then the individual dogs and the dogs in the pedigrees that I know.
I make sure that mom and dad complement each other in many ways. I don't double up on faults,. My dogs are health tested so I know that I have a really good chance on producing, healthy, quality pups.
I did get to see one of my pups yesterday. Her ears had gone up and needed help. We glued her ears so they would tip properly in time. Correct Sheltie ears do so much for the expression. Expression makes the Sheltie.
This pup is in beautiful condition, and very pretty, I was so pleased when I saw her. The fact that her people wanted correct ears meant a lot to me. This pup is going to blossom into a lovely adult.
So if any of my puppy people read this blog, if your pups ears are standing up straight or if hanging down like a hound, I am more than happy to show you how to fix the ears. I can also email you information on glueing the ears in the correct position. But if you like the ears the way they are now that is fine, it is totally your choice.
The dogs have all found a cool spot and are sleeping, they just don't like the heat and I sure don't either. I was going to work in the dog yard this morning and wash the back of the house, but it is already too hot for that. Plus it is Sunday and I usually try to keep Sunday chore free.
My mats should be here tomorrow and Bonnie and I will get started in some basic agility. She is going to love it. I am looking forward to getting back into training. I would love better control with my dogs, when I say sit which they all know I would like to see them all sit on the first command. That would be so awesome. I see people with multiple dogs on places like Face book that are that well trained. So I  know if I put my mind to it I can make it happen. My goal is for them to all sit in a group wearing red bows for Christmas. I had better get going or we will never make it for Christmas. This is going to take some determination and persistance and patience. Certainly I can do this in six months.
Nine dogs all behaving at once. LOL
My pups were a lot of work but also alot of fun. I really enjoyed them and every one was so smart. They all learned their name in days and would come when called. Young pups have brains like sponges and soak up every bit of training you give them. That is part of the reason it is so fun to work with puppies.  I remember when Luke was a baby 9 weeks, I was teaching him to sit and he caught on so quickly. I was using treats and one time I told him to sit and he did right away and I was a little slow getting the treat out so sitting there he stamped his front feet to tell me to hurry up. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen in a young pup. I will have to write more about expressions and what they mean. It is amazing what they can express in their eyes.
All for now! Be safe!
IS IT POSSIBLE????????? LOL

No comments: