Thursday, July 16, 2020

WALKING ROSIE

Rosie is my best friend , she gives hugs which are wonderful. She will give anyone a hug, she just loves getting attention.
We had not walked in about a week as it was either too hot or rainy. It was nice and cool on the trail this morning, very quiet, you can hear the birds and feel nature. I needed to empty my mind as this is the third anniversary of my husbands passing to brain cancer. Getting out on the trail is just the thing to settle your  mind. When I asked Rosie if she wanted to go for a walk she just turned herself inside out. She loves it and it is so good for her as she really needs to lose a few pounds. Rosie is not your typical Sheltie, she has no reserve in her temperament. She loves everyone, except Girly the cat!She is very jealous of Girly and is always giving her the eye. When Girly is on my lap Rosie will just lay there and watch, I can see the look on her face, very questioning. You can see she is not happy with Girly. She would never go after her but she sure watches her when she is around me. Rosie is 8 years old now and has been  with me since she was a baby, so it is ok for her to be a little jealous. At least when we walk she has me all to her self. That is exactly what she wants.The dogs enjoy morning coffee time with me. Rosie and Bonnie will play like they are puppies. Rossie misses the puppies, she used to pick up a toy and tease them to come chase her. She is an awesome baby sitter.I think I will get a treadmill for the winter so I can keep her moving. I would like for her to drop 5 pounds, that would be so good for her. I need to keep her in good shape so that she will be with me for many more years.
What is so special about Rosie is that she and I have the same birthday, I remember the night she was born.

No comments: