Wednesday, November 13, 2019

NOT READY FOR THIS

I know that everyone is feeling the cold and the wind that makes it even worse. My gates were frozen this morning and had to take a shovel to loosen them. The water bucket was solid ice.
The young ones are out for a few minutes this morning, they seem to handle the cold fine. They run and play which keeps them warm but I feel cold just watching them outside so they will be in soon. Enough time to take care of business and then will be in. They are still blowing coat and it does not seem to matter. I am going to do more brushing this morning, trimming nails and feet so that when we get real snow, the ice and snow will not accumulate between their toes. When the hair gets too long on their feet I call them snowshoes as they really pick up the snow. I guess that this unexpected winter will be with us for awhile. I miss walking on the trail with Rose and Finn. Finn needs the training and Rosie needs the exercise to drop a few pounds.
Maybe by the end of the week the temps will moderate and I can get out there.
I need to get moving now with Walters on line trick class. He does the hi five beautifully and he loves to do it. I think next I will try teaching him to sit pretty and then the touch command. 
I think too that I will work with Finn also. He is so smart and loves to learn. He has just managed going down the stairs and he is so proud of himself. He has been coming up for some time but going down is scary and took him awhile. Now I don't have to carry anyone down and that makes life much easier. Thankfully the sun is out and sure hope that it warms up some.
You would think that with all the brushing I do I would get caught up, but it just keeps coming. It would be nice to have a whole house vacuum that would just suck up all the dust bunnies, which really are sheltie bunnies!!
Out to get the young ones, they will be full of it this morning for sure, but thankfully I have Keeper and he is my discipline helper. Such an awesome boy.He keeps the young ones right in line. Hope you all keep warm and don't leave the dogs out too long.
This is Girly and she is in charge of all the Shelties, they really respect her.


No comments: