Monday, November 4, 2019

LEASH WALKING

When I went to visit my friend on Friday I took Finn with me. The little stinker would not walk from the car to the house, not far at all. He sat and would not move. Well we have a vet appointment tomorrow and I know he is able to walk from the car to the door. So today we took a nice long walk on the trail. A few little pieces of chopped up roast beef made all the difference in the world. He was not good on staying on my left side but that will come in time. Every so often I would call him front and have  him sit. He did quite well with that. We did meet some people on the trail and he was a little unsure and then decided that they were fine and even wanted to jump on them, he knows the word off and came right off. He was behaving so well. We walked for a good half hour and I really enjoyed the progress he was making. I plan to get him out every day that we have good weather. This little guy is so tuned in to me and has so much potential. I have to find a class this spring for basic obedience and eventually a beginner agility class. I think that he would love it.
Rosie is usually my walking partner and she was pretty upset that I did not take her this time. I had to be sure that Finn walked well enough before I take two of them. Rosie loves to walk with me and gets pretty bent out of shape when I leave her. Tomorrow if the weather is good I will try taking both of them. I am so excited with Finn's attitude and I am really looking forward to training him. He has that spark in his eye and can be very intense. I plan to start him on tricks along with Walter. Pups grow up so fast, you don't want to waste any time and put training off, I am so glad that I started him at 8 weeks and worked him through 16 weeks. That is the time that their little brains are like sponges and they don't forget.
Now to continue on and bring him to his full potential, it is going to be a really fun journey.

No comments: