Monday, June 24, 2019

A LONG TIME

Guess it has been awhile since I sat down to write. Time just seems to go so fast. The past couple of weeks have been hard and there is no explanation other than I am getting close to the second anniversary of my husbands passing. It has been weighing on my mind, all that has gone by and when my mind gets like this  it is hard to put thoughts on paper.
Been spending more time with the dogs, the evenings have been nice and cool and perfect for playing ball with them They all love the chase. Sammy is an awesome retriever. Walter is a close second, and Bonnie often comes up with the ball and brings it right back. When Topaz gets the ball I have to immediately grab it from her as all she wants to do is to take the covering off the ball. We could sit out there for hours but after about an hour everyone is slowing down, the exercise has worn them out. So now when they all come in they should be good and go lie down. But it does not take long for them to be ready to go again. The old saying a tired dog is a good dog and that is so true.
One of my pups came to visit on Saturday and it was so nice to see her. She looks wonderful, and is learning some basic obedience. They are doing an awesome job with her. I did glue her ears for them as they were looking like a German Shepherd. When the pups are teething their ears can go all over the place and it is a good time to set them so eventually they tip properly.
It is so nice to see a sheltie with pretty tipped ears. They add so much to their expression.
The ticks here have been miserable, it is like they are just waiting for you to come out and they attack. I have to spray the dogs about every other day to keep them tick free. I am going to try a new natural spray called Wondercide, supposed to work really well and I can use it on my clothes too. 
Many chores waiting for me today so that is all for now and once again I will try to not let so much time go by.

My friend Harriet has this lovely sable male pup available, he is 13 weeks and so sweet. You can reach her at 603-539-1603
                                                                 


No comments: